Juvederm is an FDA approved dermal filler, which has hyaluronic acid as its key active ingredient. This injectable wrinkle reducing treatment involves no cuts or incisions, and requires just one sitting for the injections. No general anesthesia or sedation is necessary.
Therefore, the recovery time for Juvederm dermal filler procedure is negligible. Most patients can return to their normal routine immediately after this medical spa treatment.
Reger Vein and Skin Specialists, led by Dr. Gregg Reger, provides Juvederm cosmetic filler injections to patients in Spring, TX, The Woodlands, and surrounding locations.
Immediate Post-Injection Recovery Phase
The patient is likely to see noticeable results of the Juvederm injectable treatment immediately following the procedure. However, it is not uncommon for patients to experience minor swelling or minimal bruising around the injection site.
The treatment provider may give an ice pack or cold compress to help improve the swelling. The period of swelling can vary according to the amount of soft tissue filler received and the area of treatment. But most swelling and redness will disappear within a week.
Recovery, Result, and Retreatment
Following the Juvederm medical spa injectable filler procedure, the patient should avoid touching or massaging the treated sites for a day or two. However, they can continue with their normal make-up routine as per the treatment provider’s advice.
For about two weeks, the patient should preferably avoid any unnecessary exposure to sun, heat and cold. It is also important to wear sunscreen and avoid using any facial cosmetics that contain alcohol until the healing is complete.
In a few cases, the treatment provider may advise the patient to visit for a follow-up treatment to fill in any wrinkles or lines that were left out during the first Juvederm treatment. However, in most cases, it may not be required. The hyaluronic acid in Juvederm will over time get naturally absorbed in the deeper tissue.
The advanced cross-linked molecular composition and viscous gel consistency of Juvederm allows for better integration of the gel with the body. Therefore, the results will last longer and the gel will not disintegrate easily. Patients on average can enjoy results with a single Juvederm treatment for about six months to a year.
Tips for a Speedy Recovery
- Follow the care instructions given by provider, both before and after the treatment.
- Do not lie down for about three to four hours following the injections.
- Avoid inadvertently pressing or rubbing the treatment area for three to four hours.
- Sleep with the head in elevated position (with an extra pillow) on the first night after the treatment.
- Do not strain or perform aerobic exercises for a few hours post procedure.
- Limit your exposure to sun and heat until swelling/redness subsides fully.
- Address any swelling following the injections by gently applying a cold compress to the treated site for a few minutes every hour.
- Use Tylenol to relieve any pain/tenderness.
- Avoid cosmetic treatments such as facials or chemical peels for a few days following the injections.
Dr. Gregg Reger receives patients from Spring, TX, The Woodlands, and nearby areas for Juvederm dermal filler medical spa treatment.
During a consultation at Reger Vein and Skin Specialists with Gregg Reger MD in The Woodlands, our team will be happy to explain more in detail what procedures and treatments would be the best fit for you. Contact us today to schedule an appointment to learn more 832-585-0090.
Serving patients in The Woodlands, Spring, Houston, Texas and surrounding areas.